Security crises frequently occur without warning, traveller should remain cautious and take proper efforts to strengthen their security awareness. The security environment is complicated, and it can shift rapidly based on the political climate and recent events.
Due to recent terrorist attacks, the fact that the Old City of Jerusalem and surrounding neighborhoods have been frequent sites of clashes, and potential security concerns associated with the April 2022 holidays, travelers are advised to from entering the Old City after dark (dusk to dawn) or on Fridays.
A «red alert» siren may be activated in the event of mortar or rocket fire. Treat all such alerts as genuine; follow local authorities’ instructions and take shelter as soon as possible. Find out where your nearest refuge or safe haven is.
Take the following steps:
- Pay attention to your surroundings.
- All demonstrations and huge crowds should be avoided.
- Avoid all regions where there are a lot of cops.
- Keep an eye on the news in your area.
- Follow the directions of the authorities in your area.